When a title has “Better Than” in it, it is setting the bar high for itself. But let me tell you, this lives up to the hype. I made a crab boil one day and thought, what would go along with this but be easy to make? Then I found this gem and my life is forever changed. All the ingredients you will definitely have on hand, and it is so simple to make.
Recipe adapted from Food.com: http://www.food.com/recipe/better-than-red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits-260536?oc=linkback
My Version of Better Than Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Yields: 6 – 8 biscuits
-2 cups flour
-3 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
-2 tbsp vegetable shortening
-2/3 cup 2% low-fat milk
-3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
-2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, Old Bay, and salt in a bowl.
3. Cut in shortening.
4. Stir in milk and cheese until soft dough forms.
5. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, add garlic powder and parsley to the melted butter. And a pinch of Old Bay if you’d like 🙂
8. As soon as the biscuits come out of the oven, brush generously with the melted butter.
Our ode to Maryland dinner 🙂